Date:10/09/08
Venue:School Library
Presence:Whole team
We were set on several topics to cover and complete by this meeting:
- General overview on environmental statistics
- Conference Efforts
- Waste management
- Paperless
- Organic Foods
I was tasked to come up with the literature research for waste managment. It was an effective meeting as we were not only looking for online information but also the existing library books and even excerpts from the previous NLB trip. Sam had also passed the team several internet links which proved to be useful - http://sgrecycle.blogspot.com/search?updated-min=2008-01-01T00%3A00%3A00%2B08%3A00&updated-max=2009-01-01T00%3A00%3A00%2B08%3A00&max-results=6
- The above link is a blog which encompassed several local efforts in conserving the environment through the 3Rs.
Another resource I found online which contributed to my literature review as well - http://www.nea.gov.sg/cms/rcd/guidebook/Guidebook.pdf
- A waste minimisation guidebook for industries by the NEA. I related some of the recommanded methods to how they can be used in events.
For the literature review, I had also touched on how an events company should cooperate in ensuring the materials used do not become 'wastes' even when not fully utilized. Taking for example, recycling banners or promotional freebies if possible instead of throwing them away and creating new ones again, costing both money and the earth's depleting resources.
No comments:
Post a Comment